The firm just upgraded my phone to a brand new Treo 700WX. I've been using an extremely beat up 600 for the last year, so this is quite exciting, as now I have bluetooth, EVDO, more memory, a better screen and better keys.

But now I've switched from the Palm OS to Windows Mobile, and I'm in uncharted territories. There are a lot of things I'm going to have to get used to, but I already like the OS better (you mean I can actually see the files on the phone?!). There's a lot of room for improvement, but as far as I can tell this is a really good phone OS (then again, my past experience has been Palm and an old version of Symbian on an SE P800).

Now, finally, the question: does anyone have any really good applications they can recommend? I've been browsing through the freeware available, and as I suspected it's not the best selection ever. The main program I wanted was for alarms. On my Treo 600 I was using a fantastic program called Butler that let me set multiple alarms, each with a variety of options for how/when it would sound. For the past year my phone has been my alarm clock in the mornings. I'd love to find a replacement.

I haven't perused all the settings on the phone, but the main purpose of Butler was to have greater control over how the phone operated. I could adjust almost anything, right down to how the LED acted under certain various circumstances. I loved having so much control over the phone. Does anyone know of an application that does this as well?

Aside from that, I'd love to hear about any cool applications that people have run across. It would be nice if they were free, but I'm willing to pay a bit (up to about $20).