Greetings!

I just received my clear and smoked faceplates for the Mark II. I believe these were the first prototypes, so this may change over time. I was trying to get a good photo, but I am really bad with a camera. I will try again in the morning.

The clear really looks good. You can see the electronics behind the fascia. I have not tried it in full sunlight yet (tomorrow, I guess), but in room light it looks great! The color seems much closer to the dash lighting in my Buick Riviera. If you want to see what it looks like, it is like the natural color you would get without a faceplate. The fit is perfect. Easy to install.

The smoke is also nice, but the fit is not there yet. Different thickness in the stock material. Steve is still working on that. I would personally prefer the smoke a little darker - you can still see outlines of the VFD and components through the panel, but this is just my personal taste.

If anyone is worried about either fit, look or installation - DON'T. The panels were very easy to install (just like the official ones), they look great, they are a lot brighter (less color to absorb the VFD), and I think they are a better match to some US cars.

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Clear)

Attachments
31380-clear.jpg (107 downloads)