Originally Posted By: tonyc
The Patriots dispatched my beloved Eagles in the '04 Super Bowl, and the Giants are a divisional rival. I'll watch the game, but I have no real interest in the outcome.

I was the same way, but I was rooting for the Giants (and voted as such).

The Redskins are also a division rival of the Giants, but the Patriots beat us 52-7 this season (and kept going on 4th downs), so I have no love for them (plus they're cheaters wink ).

That was one hell of a game, though. I think that pass to Tyree is a classic, one of the best I've seen in a Superbowl.

Looking back on it, either way this game was going to be historic, because you either see a team go 19-0, or you see the biggest upset in Superbowl history. IMO, the MVP of the game was Manning, but the Most Valuable PlayerS were the Giants defense. They played one hell of a game.

We really should have had one more poll, whether the commercials would be better than the game. In recent years, the ads have outshone the games, but I was happy to see that for once this was not the case. There were some funny ones, but there were others that made you wonder why a company spent millions of dollars on an ad that nobody is going to remember. Plus there were a couple ads for some sales company that were borderline racist. Anyone see those?