Yeah, the cheating aspect is what pushed me over the edge and made me a Giants fan prior to kickoff. I just looked at Belichick on the sidelines with his smug demeanor and realized I could put divisional rivalry aside if it meant denying the Pats their chance at history. When I saw him walk off the field like a little bitch before the game was over, I realized I'd made the right choice. The Giants won with class and dignity, while the cheating Pats couldn't even stay on the field until the end. What a disgraceful show of poor sportsmanship.

And now the rumor is that someone has tape of the Pats apparently recording walkthrough practices during a championship game a few years back. My guess is this cheating has been going on for a long time and the scandal isn't going away. Now Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) is on the case, pushing for Congressional hearings (bringing together sports and politics, just like this thread.)

Now, I'm of the opinion that Congress has better things to do than to have hearings on this scandal, but at the same time, the football fan in me is happy that *someone* is pushing for justice (the NFL basically ignored the problem after a slap on the wrist punishment, the same thing that happened with MLB and the steroids.)

Anyway, if it turns out the Pats were cheating during the '04 Super Bowl (when they dispatched my hometown Eagles) I may change my mind and decide this deserves the full attention of our Government, up to and including executing the perpetrators who denied my city the championship it's been waiting 25 years for.

Edited by tonyc (04/02/2008 12:13)