Let me preface this with the following points:
1) I AM from New England. But..
2) I'm a die-hard Rugby fan and American Football is a distant second in terms of my sports interest(s).
3) I couldn't really care less about the "Patriots run at history" or that they lost for that matter. As a matter of fact it's better that they did so there couldn't be the "they cheated" stigma attached whatever championships/records they were trying to claim.
4) Plain and simple - the Giants played better and deserved all the accolades! They were the better team.
5) I'm no fan of Belichick and him not staying on the field was one of the worst feats of 'MORON' I've ever seen!

[SARCASM]Yes, the world is ending because of spygate! War rages on and Bush is still in office because of the Patriots...[/SARCASM] Yawn.

Now about the cheating... Do you REALLY mean to tell me that there are 31 NFL teams that have "...class and dignity" and that the Pats are classless dolts who need to cheat for any and all success??? Or, maybe that, they all cheat and that Belichick just happened to (be stupid enough to) get caught by a former assistant who knew how and when they where doing it.

Every professional team out there does whatever they can, within or outside the limits of the rules, to gain an advantage - period! There's too much pressure (or should I say money) not to.

The notion that the Patriots are the only cheaters is getting tiresome. If you want to hate them then by all means go right ahead. But can we please find a REAL reason to hate them?!? smile

And before you start crying hometown bias on me be aware that I've become a pariah of sorts because of my criticality of the Pats. In fact I've had to endure one of the worst sentences in all of professional sports... I'm a Saints fan! cry

I'm not trying to start a idealistic war here because frankly I don't care enough about it. But let's be realistic. Specter, who has taken over $153k in campaign contributions from Comcast, is simply trying to strong arm the NFL like they are to Comcast over the NFL Network Debacle.

In any case - congratulations to the Giants.