That W260g is a nice entry level flip phone. AFIK it wasn't available 1/yr ago.

My C139 went missing for a couple days. Turns out it was hanging out in the washing machine. Efforts to resuscitate it failed. I've gotten the W260g as a replacement.

I like it better than the C139. The menus are mostly the same, but the button usage is more natural.

Getting my Tracfone service updated to use the new phone went like this...

About 30mins on the phone with CS with him wanting to insist that the service had expired so I had lost my number. Service wasn't due to expire till 9-30-08. A date I've been seeing every time I looked at the phone display. (The C139 displays the service current end date as opposed to days left.) He wouldn't admit the service was active till the date I claimed.

After checking, CS guy admitted that my number hadn't been reassigned and I could have it back. smile After that, getting the new phone activated, went about as expected. It took about 90 mins for the changes to propagate to my phone.

I don't have the minuets from the old phone transferred yet. If the old phone was still active, it could have been done during activation. As it is I'll have to wait 2 wks and call again. I suspect it's so they can see that the old phone hasn't returned to the net.

I decided to enroll in the Service Protection Plan. $6/mo. It only charges if I let the service time run down. But there can't be any dispute about loosing the number now.

FYI: If you have more than one phone on the same account, minuets can be transferred between them. So a low minuet user can subsidize a high minuet user. I figure I used ~200 of the 1000 I purchased. (400&yr with DMFL = 800 plus 200 more I received using a promo code.)

Edit: I really like the increased Volume this phone has.

Edited by gbeer (03/07/2008 22:37)