Okay, here's a fun one. I'll crosspost this to the Harmony forums.

My TV sometimes misses inputs when I switch activities. Increasing the time delays on the input-switcher doesn't help because it needs a delay in a different place that the remote isn't compensating for. Here's the problem:

If the TV switches inputs,
or
If the device connected to the current input powers down,
then
The TV sits there with a box saying "Input: YPbPr2" for a moment and refuses to respond to any more keystrokes.

The problem is that the Harmony is compensating for the former, but not the latter. For example, if I'm watching the DVR and I want to switch to the VCR on a different input (or vice versa), it powers down the DVR, hence the TV sits there saying "Input: YPbPr2", refusing to respond for a moment, but the Harmony merrily tries to switch inputs on the TV *right away* without waiting for the pause *at all*. So it never switches inputs. In this situation, the Harmony completely ignores any time delays I've told it that the TV needs in order to switch inputs.

I see the following possibilities:

1. I need to tell it to leave on the DVR, VCR, or whatnot, rather than turning it off. *I CANNOT DO THIS* because of the way my audio amplifier works. If I leave the DVR on, then it will always force itself to the DVR's coaxial digital audio.

2. I need to re-order how the Harmony handles the order of: Power old stuff down, switch inputs on the TV, power new stuff on. I need to change it to: Switch TV's inputs FIRST, then power old stuff down, then power new stuff on. How do I change this ordering?

3. Maybe there could be a software fix where the remote could be smart enough to consider a "power down a device" to be a situation that might induce the need for a delay on the TV inputs, and implement it correctly. Wonder if they could do that.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?