Originally Posted By: Cris

It is slow and clunky and the interface is terrible, what I don't get about it is why they have made such a useless device, it does nothing apart from controlling the Receiver unit, if it had Harmony features on it it would be much more useful. This has reminded me I should put this unit up for sale.

Hmmm

I love my iPhone + iPeng, but I have to jump to the Controller's defence a little here.

First of all it does a lot more than control the Receiver. It can be used to control every Squeezebox that you have.

Also, it isn't just a remote, it is also a player. I can plug my head phones into it and wander round the house/garden listening to anything that any other Squeezebox can play.

Yes it is clunky. It is restricted by its small screen and lack of a touch interface. The development was started before Logitech bought them and they simply didn't have the cash and the sales volume needed to bring something iPhone/iPod Touch like to the market.

I'd agree the UI isn't the best. It suffers from the same thing that all the Squeezebox stuff suffers from. It tries to be all things foe all men, cramming in every features you could possibly hope for. They could really do with a little more focus, cut down on 50% of what they do and polish the rest.

But I don't expect them to do that, they wouldn't bee Slim Devices if they didn't try and provide every feature that every users asks for...

Edited by andy (20/05/2009 06:24)