Originally Posted By: Dignan

Ehhh...not to contribute anything useful to this thread, but package tracking on USPS is the worst. Every single time I order something online and it ships USPS with a "tracking" number, all I get when I go to their site is three-stage tracking.

In my recent experience, USPS tracking is just as useful as that of UPS and FedEx. In fact, plenty of USPS packages are actually trackable through teh FedEx site since they have a contract in place to offload some deliveries. This is for some 30 packages in the past 6 months between FedEx, USPS and UPS. What you're complaining about with USPS also frequently happens with FedEx or UPS. The reason you may sometimes notice more information for FedEx is because there are usually more hops along the way, because a lot of packages get re-routed to their Memphis hub, adding extraneous and totally useless tracking information to the list.

Anyway, the tracking information for all carriers differs depending on what service standard/option is picked. And IMO, the service options with FedEx or UPS are just as confusing, if not moreso than any with USPS or Canada Post.