Bruno, out of curiosity, are you and Doug speaking from the experience of sending packages, or receiving them?

All I know is, with the least expensive shipping methods available to me between USPS, FedEx, and UPS after ordering from an online store, I have never once had USPS give me any tracking information that was at all useful. It essentially just tells me that it's delivered, which, hopefully, I already know. You may have different experiences, and Bruno, maybe you're seeing something different because you're in Canada using USPS, but I'm telling you the facts of what I've seen. It's not "sometimes," it's every single friggin' time.

My apologies, Bitt for veering off-topic...

*edit*
Quote:
yet people just take it for granted that because it is associated with the Government it is no good.

I'm assuming you're aiming this at several people, but I wanted to be clear that this is not AT ALL why I dislike USPS. I dislike them because I think their service is worse.

Although, frankly, my main dislike of them is for receiving packages, which is what I do far more often. With the ability to send Amazon orders anywhere I want, I just don't send any packages anymore. If I did, I'd probably use USPS.

The fact remains, though, that with EVERY SINGLE THING I've ever ordered online, when it shipped USPS the tracking is non-existant.

Edited by Dignan (23/03/2010 13:26)