Hmmm, if I'm right, it might take 5 posts to post 5 files. We'll see. These are mostly for SE_Sport_Driver, showing those DIN brackets.

Pic WRX-Empeg1.JPG: straight-on shot showing Empeg cage below Kenwood. You can see the 6 screw holes that secure the 2 brackets, although I only have 1 screw in place righ now (doesn't take much to hold it together since it is so tight, and I already lost 1 screw in the bowels of the console) I used a piece of that black ABS I got from Crutchfield to separate the sled/cage from the heater control mechanicals -- they were pretty exposed from above and I was afraid a stray RCA cable might jam my defroster!

WRX-Empeg2: more of a right side view that shows a bit of the bracket. If you shint real hard you can see the nylock nut that secures the Empeg sled to the bracket. There is plenty of clearance for these backing nuts when you slid the whole deal back in.

WRX-Empeg3: A pic of the hacked and Dremeled bezel. Time consuming.

WRX-Empeg4: A pic with Kenwood and a temporary blanking box made out of thet black ABS sheet. I'm making another one that will be a "pocket" with rounder, nicer corners which won't stick out so much.

WRX-Empeg5: Kenwood + Empeg. FWIW, this pic was taken on a moderately sunny day with the car in the shade of a big tree. If I re-do this install, I will probably put the Empeg on top as it probably won't jut out as much.

Jim

Attachments
33647-WRX-Empeg1.JPG (426 downloads)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.