Thanks, SE,

I'm not sure that upper/lower position will matter that much, visibility-wise. Just be glad the WRX comes with green dash lighting. I hope that green will provide the fix, visibility-wise. If the WRX had red or amber dash lighting, I'd get the windows tinted. Period. The red/amber issue is an old, acknowledged issue.

For anybody (maybe you) installing *just* the Empeg with tuner module, this will be less trying. When I ordered the Kenwood, Crutchfield sent me a generic black plastic 1-DIN pocket that would have done a nice job of filling the gap. You'll still have to cut the bezel, though. Consider having somebody weld nylocks to the mounting brackets so you can install the sled last -- that way its lips could help hide your sins, cutting-wise. I don't commute to work at present and didn't want to unplug the Empeg from home for every trip to the store, thus the Kenwood and the overly crammed install. I'm pretty sure that I will get another bezel and redo it with Empeg on top.

WRX digression. I drove my first TSD rally Friday evening through Bellevue, Issaquah and Maple Valley, WA. The car was a blast -- completely PnP (Point 'n Press). I was *way* late turning in on a couple of hard-to-see 90 degree turns. The car just compressed down on the outboard springs then headed off in the right direction. Yes, Mardibloke, there are 3 or 4 curved roads left in my state, Ike notwithstanding.

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.