Schofiel: "Instead of screws and nylocs, you could have used pop rivets, which protrude less from the installation."

I considered pop rivets (I've used some on the boat, so I have the materials/tools lying about) but I decided against it for this application. First is Tony's reason: make it easy to pull things apart as needed (to install tuners, particle beam weapons, etc. or for troubleshooting). Second was based on the particulars of the WRX install. When I do install it "sled last" with the bezel already in place, the only way to remove the sled if installed with rivets would be to drill the rivets out from inside the sled. Not fun. None of my drills would fit, so it would mean grinding it off with a Dremel extension wand. Blech.

The stereo is installed with an OEM harness adapter and that is connected to Kenwood/Empeg with a bunch of hooded spade connectors. It meant a lot of crimping, and could be considered inferior to soldering in some respects, but it means I could slap the factory HU back in the car in 15-20 minutes if needed.

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.