Greg: "Does your Amp have a seperate connection for your subwoofer? If not, how did you wire it to the amp? I have a 4 channel amp now and I want to add a sub-woofer to the system but I am not really sure on the best way to wire it to the amp..."

Greg,

In this particular case, you are looking at a cheap-but-serviceable ($79 from Crutchfield) Profile amp that is a "2+1". It takes the front line-level outputs from the Kenwood and feeds both the front speakers and the subwoofer; it has high/low-pass filters and gain controls for each "side". My rear door speakers are fed from the speaker-level rear outputs of the Kenwood. It seems like 2+1 and 4+1 amps like this are less common lately since manufacturers seems to think people are willing to stuff their trunks with separate amps for subwoofer, front, rear...

Since you already have a 4-channel amp, one easy solution would be to use "Y" connectors to feed your front line-level outputs into a powered subwoofer like an Infinity Basslink. There are lots of other ways to do this with more hardware, external crossovers, more amps, etc., but somethink like the Infinity seems like it would be the simplest thing you could do given your current setup.

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.