Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Are you still planning on using the Moca adapters? [...] I'm guessing nobody knew about them, so they haven't sold well.

Interesting gadgets. I certainly didn't know about them. But for $50+ each, I can see why they aren't catching on. I can get a 1000' of Cat 5e cable for the price of one of them, and I don't need an extra wall-wart for each machine I on the wired network. Granted, I have a newer house, where it'll be fairly easy to run new cable.

They aren't going against the price of a length of cable. They're going against the price of the cable plus the cost of the guy you hire to put it into your walls. Granted, you might be able to do it yourself, but in many cases, like going up two floors and over a few rooms, a couple Moca adapters will be significantly cheaper and require no labor whatsoever.

The problem is that there are no longer any adapters I can find for $50. I used to be able to order a pair of them for $100, but now they're all over ~$80 each, and the Netgear products are gone completely. It's a real shame, these things are fantastic.