Originally Posted By: mlord
Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
What configuration changes will be necessary for the second router, which is currently running as a repeater with DD-WRT, receiving a wireless signal from the primary router and then rebroadcasting it?

You can just plug in the ethernet cable (through the ceiling) and it will work. Plug it into one of the four LAN ports.

But.. Messy. VERY messy.

Instead, plug the ethernet cable into the WAN ("Internet") port, and then visit the web GUI on the device and set "Type" to "DHCP".

Unfortunately, my personal memory is worsening, and my own WRT54GL devices all have Tomato firmware rather than DD-WRT. But do (by all means!) email me if there is any confusion or issue. We'll sort it out. I can/will install DD-WRT on a spare to make things simpler for both of us!

-ml

That will result in a double NAT situation. Why is the straight plug in messy?

Just set it up with a second SSID and run it on the same network. Doesn't need any special settings. Set them up for different channels so they don't interfere with each other. You can possibly even set them to the same SSID etc and almost roam between them (not quite that simple).

Was there a requirement to keep the networks separate at all?
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)