Also, if you have plans to continue using Crashplan for local backups, you'd better go and download the client installation file. It used to be pretty much on their front page. Now it's only available through your login, and eventually your account will be closed and it won't be available through there anymore.

So in the future if your system drive crashes, you'll be scrambling trying to find the install file.

I'm still looking for alternatives for all of my clients. iDrive fits most of them, but I have one client who doesn't want cloud backup, has multiple locations, and wants everything to back up to one location and only he has access to the backups. Crashplan worked perfectly for this, as I could password protect the software on each computer, and have them all back up to his home machine. I can't find any way to do this with any other tools out there.

For those of you who are untrusting of the cloud, you might look into getting a Synology. I've been playing with their Cloud Station this morning and it looks like that might be a good solution for myself and my family. I can back up all their data to my NAS for them.