Hello all.

I currently have a Spire backpack that I purchased at least 10-12 years ago (recommended by Patrick Norton on his Rev3 "Screen Savers"-lite show), and it's served me well. But it's starting to fray and there's always been some things that I just didn't like about it, so I'm looking for something new.

What do you folks use to schlep stuff around?

My primary issue with most bags is that they're not designed for tech people who need to carry a lot of little things. They are, understandably, designed for people who need to carry paper products. But my bag ends up with a few pockets stuffed full, while the rest basically settles to the bottom of the bag. There's essentially five different compartments in this bag, but since they run the full height of the bag, the top of the compartments are always unused space, and the stuff I have in the bottom is all mixed together. There's one compartment where I throw all charging equipment when we go on vacation, and the tangle of cables just sits on the bottom third of the compartment.

Does anyone have something they really like? I'm not wedded to a backpack. Messenger bags are fine. Or something I haven't thought of. I've seen those elastic bag organizers but they always seemed difficult to use in practice.