I've been dragging this Thule backpack around the world with extensive travel and daily [ab]use and it still looks almost like the day I got it five years ago. My one minor gripe is that the rubber zipper tabs eventually get brittle and break after a few years, but it only affects the use in that the tab is about half the size, so not quite as easy to grab in a hurry.

I like having the ability to carry both a full size laptop and a ipad or macbook air in separate padded pockets, which allows us to cut down on technology bags when traveling as a family. I can also pack easily for a weekend trip and not have to worry about taking a carry-on bag. It fits under the seat of all but the tiniest commuter jets, where essentially nothing fits anyway.

While perfect for my traveling needs, I'm not sure if it's a good fit for your organizational needs. Perhaps you might look into some packing cubes to better keep your cables and chargers organized but still maintain the flexible space of the larger compartment. (disclaimer: my brother's website).

Perhaps also check out Thule's other offerings to see if one of them is a better fit.