It's like the historians say, the winners write the history books, and decide the difference between a lawless coup and a glorious revolution. Don't know for sure about Bin Laden, but sure sounds logical. Bush Sr. & Reagan both supported Afghans in their freedom fight against Soviets... diff. world then.

As I said elsewhere, whatever US real motives were in Afganistan, they supported genuine resistance against an occupying force. I remember seeing a photo in Newsweek of a heavy Soviet attack-fighter (MiG-25 or something) over Afghanistan with caption 'Have they learnt nothing from Vietnam?'

What I still can't completely grasp is why they hate us so.... can't imagine Americans dancing in the streets (see THAT video yesterday?) after an unprovoked attack like this in Mid-East. We have a perspective gap... that's where we need to look for the fix ....retaliatory airstrikes don't made a dent in solving this one.

They are second or third generation born in refugee camps, and are being constantly brain-washed into believing that the sole guilty party is 'American devils and their Israeli lackeys'. It is obvious that partition plan of '48 that created Israel was designed to be unstable (mostly by British, who, no doubt, hoped to keep interest there). What those idiots dancing in the streets don't understand is that this horrible attack (as well as those before) is designed to make sure there is never peace in their homeland (unless it is simply a work of a madman on extreme power-trip, without a political agenda, which I doubt).

As for Americans dancing in the streets, sorry, but don't be so sure. I did a quick sample of several newsgroups (starting with the obvious one - alt.books.tom-clancy), and some posts in 'nukem!' style are frightening.

Military action to remedy this sort of ongoing hatred is like treating a virus with a sledgehammer.

As I said, I love you, people!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue