I can agree with a lot of points brought up here. I do want to address a some of them.

While I am proud to be an American, as I assume everyone here is proud to be who they are wherever they are from.. it saddens me to hear stories of innocent people being 'attacked' after the WTC disaster. Someone mentioned in Australia that rocks were thrown at a school bus of children because of their heratige.. and at one college slurs were shouted at another student. These people are obviously innocent and do not deserve to be treated like that. I am not for this type of behaviour at all. This is nothing but ignorance and hatred. I would like it known that while there is hatred here, not all Americans hate blindly.

It is true that in the past the United States funded the Afgan rebels in their fight against the Soviets. It is also true that the United States funded Sadam/Iraq in their fight against Iran. Those were different times. I also find it interesting that they both have turned on us as if we never helped.

Stereotypes would be best if avoided in conversations of this nature.. not all Arabs hate the west. But Bin Laden does.

While I consider myself to be fairly level headed I still have anger, and still want more than swift justice. Once proven, I still want his head on a stick on display in front of the White House. Is this not an acceptable punishment in their part of the world?

Carl

080000506 12gb-green