And I know for a fact that the Koran states straightforward that it is the duty of Muslims to kill the infedels.

I have reason to suspect that you've never actually read the Koran except in out-of-context quotes. I'm sure the same applies to other religious texts.

Don't worry, I haven't, either. I'm just making a point.

You're young. Even though your BBS profile is blank, I can say this with near certainty, based on the things you've said here. I'm guessing you're between 18 and 25.

I'm not much older than you (i'm a mere 34), but I'm going to give you some sagely advice that you should heed carefully as your progress through life. This is just advice, and you can take it or leave it as you please: Don't start, or get sucked into, discussions about politics, race, or religion unless you specifically want trouble. Especially if you hold minority opinions on those subjects. You will almost always piss off the people you're talking to.

You've just done all of those things in the same thread, practically in a single sentence.

Okay, I agree that you didn't start the discussion ("Osama" did), but you just took something that was meant to be an offhand joke and tried to make something serious out of it-- and managed to alienate just about the entire clientele of this BBS in the process.

Now, if it were any other online forum, no big deal. And it may not be a big deal to you. But you just purchased a really neat gadget (perhaps one of the neatest gadgets you've ever owned) that's been End-Of-Lifed. After its warranty runs out, this BBS is your only chance of getting support for the thing. I seem to recall someone else telling you "don't sh!t where you live" in another thread. You didn't seem to be listening.

So far, I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt as I've read your posts. I've been trying to be gently supportive and helpful, and respond in a positive fashion as much as possible. But there's only so much energy I can expend in this manner before I give up.

So I recommend that you try to restrict your posts to discussions about the car player. Again, this is just advice that you can take or leave as you please.