I just want to tell Bonzi that the Zero or null notion didn't come from Islamic civilization but From India.

The Zero or Zephirum in latin or Zero came from an indian religious notion from the nothing but Arabic scientists used it , translated it and brought it to Europe.
Even actual numbers came from Indian system.They are Indian letters that Arabic scientists used also and transcripted its with their alphabet ...

But I could even agree with him when he says that many Arabicic Mathematician brought to us :

An other example is Algorithmic:
The word is the name of his creator , A Mathematician called Al Qawarizmi , lived in the City of Bagdad ;-)
He created a method to resolve Equations with Algebra , an other Arabic Word of his Creator : Al Zaebra ....
Those word were translated iin Greek, and in Latin ...

Arabic astronoms made Ptolemae works on solar system (He gave a model of the rotating Sun and Moon) false because of their knowledge of stars and astronomics that position of the Moon at certain periods wasnt good by the Ptolemae's model.

Later Nicolas Copernic brought this theories in Europe in the book De Revolutionibus orbium colelestium libri in 1543 that rotation of planets are freee and not perfect around the Earth ....