I think it needs some similar buttons on it. "A" is huge and there's a little "b" beside it. Then those buttons encircling them. I think they needed at least two similar buttons next to each other.

Either you're being sarcastic, or I think you're smoking something.

The GameCube's button layout is absolutely perfect. I never, repeat NEVER press the wrong button accidentally. Even when every single button is used (like on Rogue Leader), I have absolutely no problem going straight to the correct button, even in the middle of an extremely complex dogfight. For instance, during the battle over Endor (does anyone else think that's one of the coolest moments in gaming, next to the first encounter with Cyberdemon in Doom?).

Everything about the GameCube controller is totally intuitive. Even the finger triggers, which are smooth sliders, are sensitive for varying amounts of throttle/brake, and when you depress them all the way, there is a "click" at the bottom of their travel to engage turbo (or whatever other feature you want to throw in there).

Contrast this with the PS2 controller. The four main buttons are exactly the same size, shape, and color, and they're labeled with simialr geometric shapes. You can never tell which one you want to press in the heat of the moment. Then its two joysticks are exactly the same size and shape, and there's that analog/digital button which you always accidentally press at the wrong time and don't understand why the joystick is not working all of a sudden. Then it's got four separate finger triggers, you never know whether you should be pressing the upper or the lower finger trigger.