I'm thinking I follow your reasoning here. We were playing with PS2's when I was still at Metrowerks in 1998. So you can't tell me this hardware is more advanced or less aged than the X-Box.

The Gamecube is doomed. It may be great, but look on the shelves. No games. What games that are there are for children. I see Sega Genesis and Dreamcast all over it's face. May have fun games but I think this is the last song for Nintendo.

However there are several games on the PS2 that won't be available elsewhere. Namely Gran Turismo 3. Also probably Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero. These are the two biggest games I have an interest in playing. Halo is supposed to be out for PC, and I'd rather play it with my track ball and a GeForce 4 anyway.

I really want the X-Box to succeed, though. The hardware I think is far superior to anything else in the market right now. With Nintendo out the door and Sega long gone, I don't want Sony to be left with the crown and scepter. Technology advances through competition.

I think I'm going with a PS2 at this point. Maybe once there are more games for X-Box that fit my profile and desires I can fight that battle with the wife when the time comes.

But before I settle, I'm definitely going to try out both ... anyone know if Blockbuster Video rents these consoles like they used to do for Playstations?

g