As my kid brother succinctly puts it, "X-Box is f***ing up the game for everyone." I had a PS2 when I lived in Germany, and I have an X-Box now (and I got my brother a GC for Christmas). IMO, the X-Box launch titles blow away the PS2 and GC launch titles.

But it's all about the games that you want. If having GT3 or a very similar game is important, the PS2 is where it's at. Project Gotham Racing is slick visually, but the game itself is dull (multi-player is nice). Wreckless is less stunning but quite fun and challenging. Neither is really comparable to GT3, and there is nothing on the horizon.

I'm not much of an FPS person, but I thought Halo was great and that the dual-stick controls worked really well. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee is awesome. Amped has me addicted. Batman Vengeance is extremely slick. All told, my buddy and I have racked up 11 games and PGR was the only disappointment. Crash Bandicoot will probably be my next purchase...

I think that network gaming is going to be the "killer app" for the X-Box. And the 5.1 surround socks...