Frankly, many Americans are amazed at the size of these things that people drive here. Thankfully, I don't know anyone who owns a Ford Excursion, or I fear I'd have the uncontrollable urge to smack them upside the head.

I'm sorry, but I must ask why you want another SUV. Frankly, I'm amazed the thing was able to spin the 360 without flipping earlier. I mean, I'm glad your sister is okay and all, but I've always felt that these aren't the best cars.

I mean honestly, most people are driving these things because it's a fad and they look cool (kinda). Very few people are using them as originally intended. Not to mention that they are the new soccer mom car. In my hometown, there is an abundance of not only soccer moms driving these things, but short soccer moms driving them. Nothing's funnier than a 5'4" woman behind the wheel of an Explorer.

I'm not really the one to speak, though. I've always been more practical than most people. Hell, I'm 22 and I drive a freaking minivan. But then again my minivan has a sleeker look, an empeg, a navigation system, and a 200HP engine. Of course, even edmunds admits the minivan image, which is unfortunate, because of many things:

1) The Honda Odyssey (my baby), handles far better than nearly any SUV
2) it has more cargo space than any consumer vehicle on the market (well, it did in 2002, but other minivans may have passed it now). This includes the Excursion, and the H2. My van has 68% more space than the H2
3) much less expensive. So SUV drivers enjoy spending more for less. I just don't get it.

I owned a Land Rover Discovery. It was nice. Well built, very sturdy, felt like I could go anywhere. But on every highway exit, I felt like I needed to go 20 mph so I wouldn't tip. It was simply an impractical car. Even while I was driving my '97 Discovery, I wished my family still had out '90 Oldsmobile Silhouette.

Time to take a little visit