And is he so "good" as he seems.....

"Good"? Well, I think he has some principles and isn't in the pocket of oil companies......my sense is that he'd probably make a terrible president.....I voted for him.

Yes, life is full of contradictions. I was very weary of "lesser-of-two-evils" voting and decided to give my vote to the party whose platform most closely matched my own. If it had been Bradley versus McCain, maybe I would have voted Bradley.

Nader had no hope in 2000 and will have no hope in 2004 unless some Republican-connected, Nader-forecast catastrophe kills some large proportion of Americans, say one in 10.

Absent some outrage like that, my gloomy prediction is that we will see four more years of Cheney/Bush. People seem to like Bush. Go figure. I don't see anyone emerging from the Democratic squabble who has anything like a strong message.

I say the Dems should draft George McGovern. If anyone is looking for a strong, clear statement of "obsolete" liberal Democratic values, check out his essay in last month's Harpers. I'd vote for him.

I finally started reading Jeffrey Toobin's Too Close To Call about the 2000 election debacle (out in paperback now) Easy and interesting reading so far, albeit a depressing story still.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.