And I'd definitly be interested in the TV option. What are your plans for it so far? Any visuals with it, or just song title and time display?

I was planning on doing a spectrum analyzer display. I probably can't use the empegs visuals because I doubt there is anyone that would take on that task. However, I am good with DSP hardware so its no problem to impliment my own. I can do most of the visuals that Toby created but some of them are too complex like the dancing 3D objects. I am using a SHARC DSP which is VERY powerful and has several Mbits of on chip storage. I have about the same resolution (but more room)as his though with the hardware I am using and TV limitations. I have some other really good design ideas for adding a large LCD screen to the empeg too. It would be a retrofit for my Mark 2 but a great option for a future model. So it would be more like the Alpine or Pioneer without affecting car docking or transport durability.

There doesn't seem to be much support for a TV/monitor display though. I am really hoping to find someone to output the song info out the serial line. How many people on this BBS are capable of such things?

Alex Lear