Hi again!

A week ago, I though erasing completly the program because it was a mess. I kept coding on it last week and finally got it to work. Now you'll see why I tough about trashing it... Functionnaly, it's not so bad, but what a mess of C code.... I think there's a contest for the most obscure C program somewhere... I should provide my program as contestant ;-)

So here it is: Lyrics_ Viewer Pre-beta 0.1 ;-)

Just ftp somehwere on the HDD, chomd755 it, then include in config.ini and bingo...

To quit, please use Knob Press then press cancel to quit hijack menu..... don't go back to hijack menu (Knob Press Long) while you see lyrics viewer or you'll have to reboot

Don't FF or REW in a track... viewer will be all mixed up... If it does, simply skip track and come back to previous and it will do the trick

Coders: Be advised...Serial port was used for extensive debugging.... You can see the usleep() delays there : REAL is what the lyrics needed,
ADJ is the offset from real time
SLEEP is the real sleep time that was needed to keep up.. if it gets to 1, it means that lyrics can't keep up with the song...
MEASURED: is what a measered value of usec (with timers functions)
MOV is the numbers of pixels shifted each program scan... eventually gets higher if SLEEP is 1 for too long

Todo list:

- Real id3v2 SYLT support (BTW, I looked at id3lib doc.... whew too much for me ;-) and can I include C++ lib in a C prog?
- Not enough comments in the code (
- Handle buttons more gracefully
- Pause, FF and REW support...
- Improve Sleep coding (don't seems to catch up easily if lyrics get late for whatever reason)

You've been warned: Not for public use; just for your own drooling ;-)

Enjoy!!!!!!!! (as much as I did when it first scrolled!!!!)

Patrick

Attachments
136516-lyrics viewer Pre-beta0.1.zip (205 downloads)