The original theme for VW was offering an affordable car to the masses. Now with the W8 Passat, they are head to head with their sister-brand Audi. The Toureg doesn't have that problem, but that much money for a VW??

The whole "peoples car" bit almost drove them out of the US. Had they not changed, they would have gone bye bye along with Pugeot and Renault a few years back.

I already hate the Touareg more than anything else, the CDF's are already coming in, including one stupid bitch who told me "I see them all over the place, you just don't want to sell me one". But the 60+ orders behind my desk will line my pockets nicely.

As for the W8, I thought that too when we first got them. After totalling 4 of them (CDF from Jersey "I have 4 wheel drive, I should have been able to stop on time in the slush" in addition to the pile of three I made last spring when the drive by wire system seemed to have had a HUGE malfunction), and having one as a daily driver for the past few months, I a [censored] bargain for that car. They're finally making a manual for the US, should be here in a month or so. Go drive one when they do. Worth every penny. [censored] the A6.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony