In reply to:

Not really. empeg made SonicBlue a lot better in pretty much every aspect

Well, I'd say the empeg people made SB much much better.
Can't say that the products Empeg had taught the SB marketing division anything.

But I'm drawing a comparison here - SB jumped on the "in car mp3" bandwagon in the early 00's when it bought Empeg.

Then the product wasn't marketed properly and it fell out of favour and then SB kind of fell apart a bit with lots of products going in different directions and now we have a much weaker SB trying to do things right now that they let the Empeg guys make some product descisions and let some real programmers do the software for the products not the "portable CD Player firmware hackers" they used for the Riot.

So, perhaps SB can server as a warning to what may happen with Porsche if the SUV doesn't sell well enough.

And of course, if it sells, then you can kiss goodbye to the Porsche sports car market as the marketing suits will want only SUVs to "Cash in" on the SUV craze.

And maybe - just maybe - if the SUV is any good - it *might* become the product that the Porsche name is remembered for [I hope not], but there you go - stranger things have happened before.

Personally I don't give a f*ck about Porsche and their products - I don't own any Porsche products, and have no intention of ever owning any of their products so whether they sink or swim is irrelevant to me.

And most SUV buyers - whether its a Porsche SUV or not are not the kinds of customers that Porsche really want - or have had to deal with until now.

Admittedly these CDF's make car makers like Porsche more money than most customers when they buy expensive SUVs. But I don't think thats a sustainable business model.

I the next time I'm stuck behind a Porsche SUV - I'll get just as pissed off at its road hogging ability and the drivers general lack of common courtesy as I do with any other SUV and driver around. I won't have feel any concern/or warm fuzzies just because "its a Porsche (SUV)".