Sounds very cool, Mike. A few questions, since I arrived late to the party over in the Projects forum.

1. In your best estimation, how much of a usable display would be expected from a 115,200 baud connection? I don't expect Toby's visuals on the remote display, that's of course way too much bandwidth... But what were *you* planning on putting on the remote display?
2. Are these displays small enough that they could be mounted in the dashboard, kind of like Hugo's little "mini-me" display thingie from a few months ago? Or even on the windshield up near the rear view mirror? That'd be SWEET.
3. I'm guessing that using this precludes the use of GPSapp or anything else that uses the serial port, right? Damnit why didn't the empeg guys think of adding a second COM port for the car???
4. I don't know how much time I am going to have this summer, but emphatic is already doing a lot of work to read the song data, including current track time, playlist length, etc... All things that would be good candidates to find their way to a remote display. Seems like it'd be a nice place for this kind of code to live... How complex is the communication protocol? If it's not too heavy of a coding task, maybe I could throw something in...