Yes, removing the antenna whip lead from my truck on a strong station gives me 3 bars and very good reception (but still leaving the antenna jack plugged into the tuner jack). Putting the whip part of the antenna back onto my truck rails the bars back up to 100% and the signal high frequency fades in and out.

How many dB do you recommend I attenuate the antenna?

As I recall, every three dB drops me half the total signal. Will this had an adverse effect on my reception, or will it just "chill out the jumping around" of the station lock? Why would someone recommend dropping back to beta 13? Is there a change in the config file or something?

I still have two questions that no one has answered...perhaps someone can help me out...

1. Is there a way to "switch off" the players tendency to drop the high frequency when it notices a signal change?

2. I noticed someone mention FM_Boost settings in the players config.ini file, is this something I have to set? One person was saying they had to set it to =6 with a stock module and =3 with a PCATS module...