I say "dialect" because they toss in French words more often than Jews from New York mix Yiddish into their regular speech.
Technically, that would be a creole.

Peter's right, though, that most US accents are simple accents with simple vowel changes and minor consonant clippings. Very few places have accents as outstanding as those found across Britain because only a few places in the US are not a melting pot of other people from the US. New Orleans is a good one because it's easy to pinpoint to New Orleans. The ones in Boston and New York are hard to nail down because there are so many different ones all competing and they get jumbled up as the people in those cities get jumbled up.

But there are other outstanding ones. The outer banks of North Carolina and Virginia have a few folks who might as well be speaking another language. It's much closer to Elizabethan English than, well, anything. It's bizarre. You've got the ``eh''-people of southeastern Canada. You've got the northern New England accent, which is close to some of the Boston ones, but different. You've got the upper-crust Georgia accent (think white-suited planation owners and Foghorn Leghorn). You've got Smoky Mountain dwellers -- old mountain folk. But I'd say there few distinctive accents west of the Mississippi (with the notable exception of the already-mentioned Minnesota accent), except for fairly new things, like the second- and third-generation Latinos who have a thick Latino accent but speak no Spanish.

I guess there are more than I thought. But I guess foreigners aren't really exposed to those. Little reason for a tourist trip to the Deep South.