...anyone who consumes alcohol in order to escape reality, alter mood or emotional state, forget, or any of the other countless reasons they may come up with for willingly putting poison into their bodies gets no respect from me. not as a whole person, but for the time that they do so. if you like to do so, for any reason, i dont respect you while youre doing so, and during any time that you are still under the influence....

You know, I can relate to this type of thinking, because I used to think the same thing about people and illegal drugs. Stuff like pot, cocaine, acid, shrooms, etc... Up until about a year ago. I've never done any drugs other than alcohol and about 13 cigarettes, I just don't think that the risks (mainly the legal issues and some physical and social) of doing them is worth the "rewards". I used to think that anyone who did do them was weak or stupid or just plain beneath me. I was also very adamant about me beliefs and let everyone know it. This type of thinking pushed a lot of people away from me, good people that were afraid of being judged, just because of a choice they made that they had every right to make.

About 2 years ago I met a wonderful woman whom I want to spend the rest of my life with. She has had much different life experiences than I have, and needless to say, did not share my same views about people who do or did drugs. She forced me to look at why I feel the way I do, and because I actually took the time to look at myself, I have come to realize that people can do drugs and still be good people that are not weak, or stupid, it is just a choice that they make, sometimes its just a fun thing to do for them.

I still dont think that doing drugs is a great idea, and it would probably be "healthier" if one never did any, but who am I to impose my judgement on others? So, I don't mind if someone does drugs, or drinks, as long as they are responsible about it and don't hurt anyone in the process.