Gamecube man. Trust me. Especially for your little ones. I've got all three big hitter consoles, plus a bunch of the oldies. There's plenty of good adulty stuff for the Gamecube despite it's reputation, and the party/kid games are amazing. Mario Kart Double Dash man... you can play that with your kids for hours... and in co-op mode too. Super Monkey Ball! So many good party games for that thing. It's the only one Kelly will touch. Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker... three of my top favorite games in recent memory. I'll bring some LucasArts GC games for you if you end up getting one. Actually, just let me know what your getting in the next week and i'll bring some for whatever you get. But i definitely say go for the cube.

As for the GC being the least powerful... WAY wrong. The GC is actually quite a bit more powerful than the PS2. Just as an example... we had Bounty Hunter running on the Gamecube with a max poly count of 8000 for Jengo... while the PS2 could only push 1500. It allows harware texturing and all sorts of other things the PS2 can't touch. I can get one of the programers here to write a diatribe about it i'm sure if there are any non-believers.

Oh, and if you do get the GC... spend the extra $10 for the wavebirds... trust me. It's one of those things you won't believe you got along without before.

Edited by loren (12/12/2003 12:08)