So my wife gets a Touareg from VW and I don't even get to drive it. On top of that, rather than clutter up her dash with her unmatching Empeg, 'we' decide to get a Phatnoise so that she can use her stock radio and have the Phatty in the trunk.

This thing sucks ass. I'm sure people have bitched before, but here's another one. It only works off voice prompts, and the tracks only go as high as track 99 for each 'round' of searching/selection. At least they should have attempted to use CD-Text abilities to create a dump menu system or artist announcement.

I've got about 700 artists on this thing now. If I want to play songs only by the artist 'The Orb' I have to pick the artist selection menu, then scroll to track 99, then wait until that artist starts playing, then go to the artist selection menu again, then scroll to track 99, then do all this crap again for about 4 more times until we get to what would be something like track 653 for 'The Orb' ... Then it plays one song from the orb then crashes. Beautiful.

Has anyone devised a plan to have an empeg mounted in the trunk of a car and yet still be able to effectively control it and see what's happening?

Greg