As mtempsch pointed to "Project: External VFD Display". V99 should have releases for 3 VFD displays of varying sizes very soon. These displays are summarized as follows (all are from noritake):

7000 model: fast, rs-232 connection, board is about 1/2 width of 1/2 din opening (approximating). Can purchase thru digikey.

3000 model: slow, rs-232 connection, board is almost din opening. Can purchase thru digikey.

K610A model: limited function but very small. TTL connection. Good for instrument cluster/near driver mounting. Can by RS-232 to TTL/12 V to 5V adapter and/or monitor from Foxtrotxray (see other thread).

Thanks to V99 & Foxtrotxray the remote displays should be a great solution for remote mounting the empeg. With an IR repeater or steering wheel remote control adapter & Mlord's hijack you should have an awesome remote mounted empeg. I used a universal underdash mounting kit to hang the empeg from underneath my rear deck lid in the trunk. When the remote display program(s) are available my empeg will be ready to fly