Yep, I gave up on USB2 since my Karma never liked it. I use ethernet and firmware 1.41.

I've just been really busy, so I haven't been able to do rigorous testing, and I didn't want to complain or file a bug without being able to come up with consistent scenarios. Well, besides "if I try to change standard or custom fields with jEmplode" or "if I mess around too much with soups on my Karma."

I deleted everything off of my Karma and resynced only with RMM, which seemed to fix everything, until a week or so ago when one particular file caused things to lock up. Since then, now and then my Karma gets mad at me and requires a reset.

I had been playing with jEmplode (you've heard me talk about it before), but I couldn't get a handle on what specific actions were causing the lockups, so I was trying to go back to a known state to resume testing - thus reverting to RMM.

I wish that I could give you something more useful to work on, but that's it. Sometimes my Karma just hangs in "communicating" mode without communicating.