Continuing from this thread

Quote:

It seems like what you want is basically a representation of the player menu on some external display, and the ability to navigate that reliably with an external input device. I don't think emphatic is going to be the ticket to that. Unless I came up with some way of screen-scraping the player menu itself, which is way too tedious for something that wouldn't really help many other people out.

Okay, oh well. Thanks anyway. Screen-scraping seems like the obvious way to go. In my copious free time I may try to prototype something using the .png file that hijack publishes of the framebuffer. Anyone know if the fonts are available somewhere?

Quote:

Have you found the external display threads in the Projects forum yet? A few people were working on a microcontroller of some type that would drive a graphical external display, and show an *actual* copy of the player screen on it (or some subset of it.) Do some searches, that seems more like what you want. But if you're dead set on using your character-based display, I'm not sure what the solution is.

I don't really have room for a big graphical display. A picture is worth at least a few hundred words on what I'm after...