I'm in San Diego and we got an edited segment on the second song with the false start lip sync lyrics taken out. It was hard to understand what was going on (with the dance moves and all). I had read about it on another board and what they showed the west coast didn't make sense until I saw a clip of the east coast segment...

Makes me wonder if Lorne Michaels and Co. knew about the lip sync in advance or whether they were surprised as well.

Someone else on another board said that they have used the dress rehearsal version for the west coast when something like this goes wrong, so that makes me wonder why they didn't. Getting even, maybe?

Oh well, there's even something funny with the lyrics of the first song for the first few seconds. It sounds like maybe they played lip sync lyrics (so it sounds doubled for a bit) and then she took off on her own? Not sure about that one...

But a very interesting situation. We've come a long way from the days like when Sinead tore up a photo of the pope (that was real live!).....

Randy