I can already guess what most of you will tell me to do :) , but I can't really decide whether or not I should get an empeg now, or wait to see how the S3 aquisition pans out...

All of the things that make empeg so attractive do not traditionally find themselves in other Rio products... Such as: Great Customer Support, Software Updates, Open Architecture and Upgradability. Part of me says, "Buy it now before S3 ruins it!" and the other part says, "Buy it later because S3 will have no interest in supporting old product!" Also, maybe if Rio introduces a new product, it will have a button layout with more direct access buttons (for a tuner?) and be set up for left-hand drive cars?

I know this topic was talked about quite a bit towards the end of last summer, but it doesn't seem like it has been brought up lately. Possibly more is known now?

I have already noticed that the www.empeg.com website is not up to date. It lists December specials and mentions that units are still on back-order. Is empeg as a company already getting ready for the change? Also, from what I hear, the empeg car is already being demonstrated at the CES as the Rio Car.

Finally, the price has pretty much remained the same on new Mk. II players since July (am I right on this?), even though drive prices have dropped. If I buy now, will I be shocked to find out that I could have gotten a higher capacity unit for the same price had I waited only a few weeks? (I know this would happen eventually anyway, but it would really hurt if it happened only a few weeks later!)

BTW: I am considering the 12gig model... I was in the queue from the days before the first Mk. I's shipped, so I have been following this product for some time. There are just a few issues I am trying to sort out... I don't have THAT much disposible income to buy something like this without enough research...

Thanks!