Quote:

So are we switching to Sirius? Or both? don't have a subscription but I guess I could switch, is it as cheap as XM?

It's as cheap as XM will be in a month.

The switch to Sirius is simply because I'm working on this, and Sirius is the one I care about. (mostly because of NPR) In fact, I think the basic functionality can be done on either. There's a lot more capability in the Sirius tuners from what I can see, though.

I just got my hands on a Starbase, and if I get some time this weekend will get some interface specs (HW and SW) for the Starbase tuner up on the web.

Once that's done, I'll start working on a simply empeg app that can drive the Starbase. Running an XM direct should be just a matter of swapping out the commands.

Where the XM Direct falls flat is things like TuneSelect. I think the head unit is polling all the channels to do TuneSelect, whereas the Starbase will proactively send a program ID when (any? some?) channels start new songs.

So, I'll do Sirius first, and will probalbly pick up an XM direct tuner to play with at some point.

-Z
Mk.IIa #010101243 currently getting a 500GB SSD. More spares in the shed.