Quote:
Quote:
When deciding whether to rebuild the database, the player scans the fids directories to see if the numbers tally.

If the database loads successfully, the directories aren't examined. There's no way the player stats 13,000 files on every startup -- it'd take minutes. I think the proposed cheat would actually work, but I'd still counsel against implementing it -- you'll confuse every other bit of car-player software out there, including Emplode and Jemplode.

Peter

I may have some problems with my database file. The sync didn't complete (sorting that now), but the database file got uploaded, so the fact that some of the files are not there shouldn't cause a rebuild.

But.

Every time the player loads it rebuilds the database, yet the file itself is unchanged. When the player rebuilds the database, should it write the new data to the file, or just maintain it in memory (which means it'll rebuild again on next load)?

Under what circumstances would the player decide it needs to rebuild the database? What actual checks does it perform.

This would help me isolate why it is unhappy with my created file.