There were still some annoying voices and otherwise too recognisable accents. Though mildly humourous, I didn't really like the human emotions/silliness given to the battle droids. It's ok when R2 lets out a few squeels, but having droid after droid go "uh oh!" and "Oops" and "Oh no" just got very tiresome.

It was a technical marvel of digital compositing and post production, but not much of a movie. An enjoyable sit-down where you can just let your brain relax, it lacked a believable plot as has already been pointed out (Anakin's role could have been phoned in and there was very little motivation evident behind his actions). The biggest missing piece of the pie was story. There simply wasn't one. This movie, even more than the first two lacked in that department. It was just a series of brief one-on-one conversations strung together with explosions and other special effects shots. The villians seems far too weak (Doku lasted about 30 seconds, General Grievous a little more than that - what useless enemies). And even the Emporer didn't seem like a very strong match for Yoda - it just seemed like Yoda gave up because of that one fall. "Time to go into Exile."

I can't imagine the proposed TV series being any worse on the story front than this movie. Who knows, the TV series may very well breath some much needed life into the prequels. And if ratings keep up, we already have a verbal promise from Lucas that he wouldn't be at the helm after the first season - only good can come of that.

I still rank this movie below all three of the originals. And Empire still number one over all.

Bruno