Actually, any chacter can do whatever Lucas wants them to do. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes down to crunch time. You can even see established "facts" fly out the window (established story elements, character background, etc..) And I'll just say it again, it's just apparent that the least amount of time spent on these movies was in development of the story arch, detailed plot and without question, the script (more notably the dialogue). Add to that extremely poor direction (not cinematography and certainly not art direction) and you're left with an audience wishing the actors had also been computer generated (on top of the other 99.9% of the movie that existed only in a computer).

I'm a Star Wars fan - check my basement sometime. I enjoyed all three prequel movies. But they all had tremendous faults and in each year they've premiered there have always been a number of movies that have been much much better (The Matrix in 1999 for instance). I don't know if anything if going to beat out Ep3 for FX overload, but there's no question there will be a number of titles this year that will use perhaps more subtle or less effects, but provide a "better" overall movie experience.

I'm NOT a George Lucas fan.

Bruno