Quote:
They are also bashing one of their largest software supporters (Adobe) with those ads. When they say a Mac is better at "life stuff" like webpages and photos, it can be taken that Photoshop and Dreamweaver on the PC is useless. Of course, this isn't the case at all.

These ads aren't aimed at the professional level where people actually know how to use Photoshop and Dreamweaver. These ads, and the iLife applications are aimed at normal consumers. Joe Bob isn't going to go buy Photoshop for $649 just to remove red eye from Jenny's birthday pictures. Nor is he going to pay $399 for Dreamweaver to then post those photos to a website that he also would have to be paying for. iLife is a consumer level application suite with easy to learn interfaces. Overall, it's the first package to do this well out there, and remain "cheep". For a bundeled application, it kicks the crap out of what I have seen included on Dell and HP systems for usability and what it can accomplish.

Quote:
Every webpage I see hosted by .Mac is a total piece of ugly, outdated garbage. If this is supposed to show the outside world what a Mac can do with a webpage, it's not very impressive. In fact, it's despicable they would make you pay for such a thing.

This has nothing to do with the programs, and everything to do with the common people using them. Seen myspace.com? Thats what happens when you let the mass public get their hands on easy to use web creation software. The Mac includes this and pushes the .Mac service to allow people to host whatever crap of their family or personal lives that they want.

These ads for the most part do speak the truth. Take an out of the box PC, Mac and throw in a digital camera and printer. Odds are the common consumer will have the Mac up and running, saving photos, and printing them much faster then the PC.

Quote:
Claiming that running it makes you somehow better than Windows users is nuts.

I personally don't do this. It is after all just a computer, and to completly judge someone based on their choice for a computer is insane. I do however find my daily workflow of non creative stuff goes along quicker with a Mac. I used it daily at HP to do my job, and I am working on getting one at my new job as well. Sure, I can do my work on a Windows box, but I do it quicker on a Mac. And the OS X platform was completly new to me a few years ago. My willingness to try new things really turned out for the best here.