Greetings!

I don't have picker installed, and I normally launch displayserver manually. I have not modified the original init files, so I need to do this command each hard boot on the network. At one point I tried the displayserver init file, but that was before multidisk support and (after the first aid was convinced that I had not had a major heart attack) I removed / restored the original configuration...

Before I started doing this, I would get lockups on the ethernet port and errors on the serial port for "neighbor table overflow". Some of the other documentation on the board suggested setting the ethernet port to down, then up (basically taking it off line then on line). This is (theoretically, I don't know enough to be certain) because the loopback connector needed to be configured / installed first, and it wasn't by default.

So, when I get to the office, I go into the empeg, run the commands:

cd /usr/local/d* (I am a lazy typer)
ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 up
./displayserver noauth

Since I have been doing that, I am having much more stable results from the ethernet port. I no longer see those errors.

I don't know if the problem I had is causing or is related to your issue. It can't hurt to look though. My first recommendation is to hook up hyperterminal at work, and just watch for any errors. That will be a good step. Also, you might as well grab the debian distribution from here. You do not need to load the entire distribution, just unzip it and grab the files you need. I took netstat, ifconfig and a few other small goodies. Whatever the network problem, these will be useful in diagnosing and repairing it, but are not part of the standard developer load.

I hope this helps...

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Green)