Yeah, the married thing is past-tense. It's been over a year. Don't like to talk about the personal stuff in public forums, hence no real mention of the D word here on the BBS other than indirectly.

GF loves DDR, but has a PS2 and some nice pads at her house, so gets her DDR fix there. Might just invest in a pad and a version of DDR for the 360 just so she's got the additional location in which to do it.

I, personally, do very poorly at DDR, despite having given in many valiant efforts. There's something about the disassociation between the up/down arrows being BESIDE each other on the screen that messes me up. I have no trouble with left and right, and have no trouble seeing combo moves coming, but the up and down arrows screw me up totally. For starters, it seems they're in the wrong order for my brain. The choice of whether to put the up arrow in column 2 or column 3 is arbitrary, but for some reason it seems to be backwards from what my brain thinks it should be. And it's not configurable. So frequently, I'm pounding on the "Down" pad when the arrow on the screen is clearly pointing up, and vice versa. It's odd, it feels like a form of dyslexia, except that I don't have dyslexia in the slightest.

It's amazing watching a good DDR player work their magic. Some of the harder patterns are just mind-boggling how quickly they come and how a good player can just do them intuitively.